|"Mork's Mixed Emotions"|
| Season 1, Episode #20 |
(#20) in series (95 episodes)
A really embarrassing situation occurs when Mork points it out to Todd (Bill Kirchenbauer), a self-professed "macho guy" that his toupee was coming off of his head while shopping in the music store in "Mork's Mixed Emotions" in Season 1 (episode #20).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Jeffrey Jacquet|
|Production code:||120 (1-20)|
|Writer(s)||Tom Tenowich & Ed Scharlach|
|Original airdate||February 22, 1979|
|IMDB||Mork's Mixed Emotions|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Yes Sir, That's My Baby"||"Mork's Night Out"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Mork's Mixed Emotions was the 20th episode in Season 1 of Mork and Mindy, also the 20th episode in the series overall. Co-written by Tom Tenowich and Ed Scharlach, the episode, which was directed by Jeff Chambers, first aired on ABC-TV on February 22, 1979.
When Mindy kisses Mork, it releases his emotions creating a number of unfortunate results. Mork finally gains control of his emotions and finally tells Mindy how he truly feels about her.
Mork, becoming disturbed after having a nightmare, shuts his emotions off. When Mindy kisses him, his emotions are released, but now the Orkan cannot control them, resulting in embarrassing shifts from moment to moment.
- This is the first episode featuring Bill Kirchenbauer as a customer who was essentially "TNT" (Todd Norman Taylor), a recurring character in seasons 2 and 3.
- A clip from this show was included in the best-of episode The Way Mork Were.
- The "Reserved" sign in the Maitre D's hand moves from one shot to the next as he holds out his other hand for a tip.
- This was one of the episodes featured in Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Mork & Mindy.
Scene excerpt quotesEdit
- Orson: You opened the door to your emotions, didn't you?
- Mork:' Yes, Sir.
- Orson: You realize you've broken the highest Orkan law. It is my duty to report you to the Council.
- Mork: I understand. But I don't regret what I've done, sir. You see, for the first time in my life, I feel really alive, I feel fantastic! Oh, I wish you could try it! I wish you could feel some of the things I've been feeling!
- Orson: Impossible. I could never do that. They'd throw me in prison.
- Mork: Oh, I don't mean to be disrespectful, your immenseness, but until you can marvel at a rainbow after a storm or rejoice at seeing a baby walk for the first time, or hold someone and have them feel the same warmth inside as you feel close to them outside - until you can do these things, aren't you already in prison?
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Elizabeth Kerr as Cora Hudson
- Conrad Janis as Frederick McConnell
- Ralph James as Orson
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Jeffrey Jacquet as Eugene
- George Pentecost as The Maitre D'
- Peter Elbling as The French Waiter
- Bill Kirchenbauer as Todd Norman Taylor